Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Taste No Evil?

I've got a boatload of gift cards to UDF, a local ice cream shoppe near our house, so we decided to see if the boys were ready to try a milk shake. Our attempts at fruit smoothies, drinkable yogurts, etc in the past have met with disastrous consequences.

But, it's ice cream, right? What kid doesn't like ice cream??

So we all sat at our table and tried our shake.

May I quote Noel? "I liiiiike ice cream!"

Hayden was unable to talk he was so busy slurping down frozen chocolate goodness. I love his face in this picture -- he looks like he is dazed by the yummy ice cream shake.

Tanner was, of course, completely unimpressed, and tried to tune out the shake through his "I can't see it! I can't hear you! I WON'T taste you!" routine.


I think if Tanner would have actually tried the shake he would have liked it, but you can't make Tanner do something he doesn't want to do.

It's this frustrating fact about Tanner that I have to learn to let slide. I would love to help show him the world and explain different things to him, but he is the type of kid that has to do it and figure it out on his own.

"A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a danish."

Tanner is who he is. Period. End of discussion.

No comments: